Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Fall Wall Hanging ... Tutorial

 I had so much fun making this wall hanging.  It is so easy and you can use whatever paper you have around.  You will just need one page which is going to work as a base color (checks in my case).  The rest of papers are all scraps. 


 You will need:  
1. a box to recycle.  (I used it for a base to give it more stability.  I coverd with the check paper)  
2. 1 page for the base ... enough to cover the 4 squares 4 1/2x 4 1/2
3. I used a strip of paper of about 2 inches (in my case they are green and cut with special scissors, you could also tear it)
4. Printed letter.  You can use any alphabet you have at home.  I printed in cardstock to have the specific color. 
5. ribbon to hold it together and a loop to hang up. 
6. leaves or any other decoration you might want to use.7. scraps of paper to decorate behind the letters.
A close up to show some of the steps I took:  the squares for the letters are 2x2 and I glued them imperfectly to give it some interest.  I used staples for the ribbons to give a grundy look.  I tried to place the leaves in different areas to give be pleasing to the eyes. 
The final result!  I hope you can make something similar to decorate your home for this special time of the year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment