Monday, September 8, 2014

Who is Mara?

Hello everyone!

As promised I would like to share something about me!

I was born in Brazil a few decades ago!  :)  ... well, to be more precise, not quite 5 decades yet!

I grew up having a pretty normal life.  When I was about 19, facing many decisions in life, I started to ask God to help me.  I found through much conversation that I knew about God but did not KNOW HIM personally.

One day, attending a church service, all became clear.  I asked Jesus to be my Savior and best friend!

Since then, all I do points back to Him by my personal decision ... since then He has lead me to Spain on a Mission Trip, I have met my husband there (an American lost in Spain!), got married to him a year later, lived in USA for 3 years, went back to Spain to live with my husband, had 3 children, etc etc ...

This is my family!


All together I have spent 20 years in Spain.  We serve as missionaries organizing many community events such as English classes, sports camps, scrapbooking meetings, etc.

SCRAPBOOKING:  I fell in love with it during my 3 years in Texas.   I have been scrapbooking for the last 24 years!  I have seen so much change since then in this craft!  I try to keep up with the new things!

While in Spain I started meeting with other ladies to scrapbook and raise money for different causes.  This effort grew and Scrap n Chat was born.  Visit Scrap n Chat Espana even if you do not speak Spanish. It  is fun to look at the pictures of the events and projects we have done throughout the years.

Now I moved to Bluefield and would love to start these same kind of meetings here.  I know how fun it can be and how much we can help others in need doing what we love to do!

I hope to see you soon in one of our meetings.  We are now trying to get one or more scrap-groups started at Hobby Lobby, at Mercer Mall, Bluefield.  Come by to check it out!  

No comments:

Post a Comment