Saturday, November 1, 2014

Decorating a Storage Box ... an easy tutorial

Hello ladies, as any scrapbooker I have lots of material to keep and storage.  I just moved from Spain and need some cheap solutions, since I had nothing to start with.  Here is what I did. 

I first found a box that could serve the purpose for its dimentions.  I chose some paper.  I also needed a ruler, cutter, washi tape,  pencil and glue.  I measured the wall of the box and cut the paper to cover it well.  I did not have to be very careful about the  angles of the box, as I used washi tape to do the finishing.  You can see the use of the washi tape on the label. below. 

As said before, the washi tape can be very helpful in hiding mistakes and giving an good finish.  I used a cut our of the very paper to decorate the label.  I adhered the label with foam so to give an interesting look. 

And this is the result:  pretty, handy and cheap.  You can use this same idea with many boxes depending on what you need to storage.  The only danger is to buy the products on the grocery store because of the sizes of the boxes they come in, even if you did not need them.  That would defeat the purpose of saving, but it would give you some fun moments of crafting!



No comments:

Post a Comment